This recipe is unusual in that it is actually quite good for you. Not only is it low in sugar, it’s high in healthy fats. That makes it very filling, and a little goes a very long way. Just a couple of squares are all you need to satisfy your craving for something sweet to eat.
Preparation time – 30 minutes
Number of servings – 21
- 2 cups unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 1 cup smooth natural peanut butter – no added sugar
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- 3-5 tablespoons Stevia or xylitol (monk fruit sweetener can be substituted)
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Line a 9×5 inch baking tray with parchment
2. Put the desiccated coconut in a food processor and blitz until it turns creamy – usually about 4-5 minutes
3. Add the peanut butter and coconut oil. Process again. Slowly add the maple syrup until you reach the desired level of sweetness
4. Add the sea salt and the vanilla extract and mix again
5. Pour the mixture into your lined tray and then freeze until firm – about 20-30 minutes.
6. Use a hot knife to cut into 21 squares
Click here to see how NAET can help with peanut butter sensitivities!
#ketopeanutbutter #lowcarb #keto #ketosisandfasting #ketoiswhereitsat #ketolifestyle #nutrition #functionalmedicine #drbblogspot #drbowers #allergyandspine